With the arrival of his 2018 debut album Only Human, U.K.-based singer/songwriter Calum Scott landed at No. 1 on the iTunes album chart in over 20 countries around the world, amassing over 7.5 billion total global streams and counting. Now certified platinum or gold in 21 countries, Only Human includes his platinum-selling smash “You Are The Reason,” a track that cracked the top 25 on Spotify’s US Viral 50 and hit the top 10 on iTunes single charts in 38 countries. The album also features Calum’s stripped-back, platinum-certified cover of Robyn’s “Dancing On My Own,” which earned a Brit Award nomination in the category of Best British Single. His first new music since Only Human, Calum’s track “Biblical” marked an exciting evolution of his artistry, infusing even more raw emotion into his soulful and timeless sound. With its title referring to “a love of biblical proportions that transcends everyone and everything,” according to Calum, the piano-laced ballad is the first song released from his highly anticipated sophomore album Bridges, due out on June 17. Released in October 2021, “Rise” brings Calum’s warm yet powerful vocals to a majestic sound created with the help of producers Gabe Simon (Maroon 5, Rag’n’Bone Man) and Jon Maguire (James Bay, Liam Payne, Rita Ora). “‘Rise’ celebrates overcoming, defeating the odds, and prevailing despite the obstacles or the knock-backs you face along the way,” says Calum. Over the last few years, his songs have appeared on countless TV shows (including “American Idol,” “The Voice,” “So You Think You Can Dance,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” and many more), while Calum has performed on such shows as “Late Night with Seth Meyers,” “Ellen,” “Good Morning America,” “Live with Kelly and Ryan,” “Dancing With The Stars,” “The TODAY Show,” and “The Late Late Show with James Corden,” among others. In addition, he’s garnered acclaim from outlets including Billboard (who hailed his “stunningly pure voice”), The Huffington Post (who stated that “Scott makes an impressive splash…compelling”), and Ones to Watch (who noted that Calum’s music “elegantly transforms pain into beauty”).
Following the release of “Heaven”, multi-platinum selling singer-songwriter Calum Scott today announces his biggest headline Asia tour to date, the “BRIDGES” Asia Tour, including his debut shows in Tokyo and Bangkok. He will come back to Singapore on October 28, 2022 at Capitol Theatre. Promoted by AEG Presents Asia, tickets will go on sale on Wednesday June 15 at 10am local via sg.bookmyshow.com/e/CALUMSCO
Calum will kick off the Asia tour in Tokyo, Japan on October 18 before performing in Manila, Bangkok, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore.
CALUM SCOTT ‘BRIDGES’ ASIA TOUR DATES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
October 18 Tokyo, Japan Ex Theater Roppongi
October 20 Manila, Philippines New Frontier Theater
October 22 Bangkok, Thailand Moonstar Studio
October 25 Jakarta, Indonesia Bengkel Space SCBD
October 27 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Plenary Hall, KL Convention Centre
October 28 Singapore, Singapore Capitol Theatre
Says Calum, “It feels so incredible to announce my Asia tour! It’s been a long time coming and a lot of planning but after the last few years we’ve had, you can just tell how excited people are for live music again and I’m so happy to be a part of it. I am coming back with my band to play the songs that people discovered me on, as well as new songs from my second album which I would say is my best and most personal work yet - I can’t wait to see you there.”
Calum has announced that his highly awaited sophomore album Bridges will arrive on June 17. The fourth single released from Bridges, “Heaven” once again reveals Calum’s gift for finding unexpected ways to express universal emotions. “As songwriters, we’re always searching for new ways of saying ‘I miss you’ or ‘I love you’ or ‘I want you back,’” says Calum, who co-wrote “Heaven” with Hayley Warner(an Australian singer/songwriter who’s also penned songs for artists like Katy Perry and Tori Kelly). “‘The concept of ‘Heaven’ is the love between two people being so powerful that it is far superior to anything else, any other form of paradise that could be offered. I loved the idea of putting the power into the relationship.”
The follow-up to Calum’s 2018 full-length debut Only Human—a widely acclaimed effort that hit No. 1 on the iTunes album chart in 21 countries across the globe, in addition to selling more than 3.6 million in adjusted album sales and garnering over 7.5 billion combined streams —Bridges will also feature the previously released singles “If You Ever Change Your Mind”(a bittersweet but empowered piece produced by Greg Kurstin, an eight-time GRAMMY Award® winner known for his work with Paul McCartney, Elton John, and Adele), “Rise”(a wildly soaring track whose video features a captivating performance from British actor Georgia Hirst), and “Biblical”(a heart-on-sleeve ballad Calum later followed with an American Sign Language version made in collaboration with the Tony Award®-winning Deaf West Theatre).
- Once tickets are sold, there is strictly no cancellation, exchange or refund.
- No Refund will be provided unless show is cancelled.
- Mobile phones must be switched off or switched to silent mode in the theatre;
- Strictly no photography, video & audio recording is allowed at all times;
- Electronic Devices not limited to Laptop, iPad or Tablet will not be allowed in the theatre;
- All patron regardless of age are required to present a valid ticket for admission;
- Strictly no re-entry once ticket has been admitted;
- Patrons are required to follow all house rules and regulations set out by the venue. The House Rules are displayed within the venue premises.
Conditions of Entry
- From 26 April 2022, the Ministry of Health will remove all Vaccinated-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS) settings, except for events with >500 attendees. As such, only fully vaccinated, recovered, or medically ineligible individuals, or children aged 12 and below (except infant-in-arms) will be allowed to enter the venue. Pre-Event Testing (PET) results will no longer be accepted.
- To ensure sufficient time for admission and safe distancing, please arrive at the venue at least 60 minutes before the start of the concert.
- All tickets holders are required to check in to SafeEntry with their TraceTogether App or token, with a valid photo ID.
- The Organisers reserve the right to turn away patrons who fail to comply with the above measures as outlined and required by the Singapore government, and tickets will not be refunded.
Rating/ Age Limit
- Standing Floor: 12 years old and above
- Seating: 6 years old and above
More information on the prevailing COVID-19 phase advisory can be viewed on the Ministry of Health’s website.
For queries or more information, please contact us at [email protected].
All information is correct at time of publishing but may be subject to change without prior notice.
The Organiser reserves the right to amend the above without prior notice. In the event of any dispute, the Organiser’s decision is final.